About EuroGames 2012 Budapest
Date: 27th of June – 1st of July, 2012 Location: Budapest, Hungary In numbers
- 4+1 days of sport: 18 sports, 3800 athletes, 2200 supporters, 4000 visitors
- 4+1 days of tourism and culture
- 5 days conferences: human rights, minority issues, equal representation and business opportunities
The event is:
- improving the reputation of Hungary as a leading country of democratic values in the region
- supporting the Hungarian candidacy to host the Summer Olympic Games in 2020
- supporting the local community with guests in local hotel, restaurants, shops etc.
- promoting healthy life and sports with a special emphasis on amateur sports
- showing the power of volunteering and equality in sports
- giving a new chance for tourism in Budapest to win a new group of the LGBTQ community as future clients
- giving a good example to the other countries in the region, regaining the sympathy of the socially and economically more developed part of Europe
- An average tourist spends usually 2.4 days in Budapest – EuroGames guests stay at least 1 or 2 nights longer.
- An average tourist spends usually 12,400 HUF (ca. 47 EUR) a day in Budapest (though EuroGames guests tend to spend more). If we count only with the average spending, 5 days and 10,000 participants, we get 10,000 x 5 x 12,400 = 620,000,000 HUF (ca. 2,339,620 EUR).
- An average tourist pays 14,500 HUF (ca. 55 EUR) per night in Budapest for accommodation. If we count with this average, the income for hotels in Budapest will be 14,500 x 10.000 x 5 = 725,000,000 HUF (ca. 2,735,850 EUR).
For further information please visit www.eurogamesbudapest.hu
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 95420416) (tried to allocate 52 bytes) in /web/zsirosmihaly/freshairlines.org/wp-includes/cache.php on line 503